Friday, April 9, 2010

What would you do if I sang out of tune...

I taked to Jordan yesterday during my lunch break, and right before he hung up he told me that he was proud of me for doing what I'm doing. At first when people say that, or used to say that before I left I would just kind of shrug it off, but now when I think about it and take a moment to realize where I am I know that it is because of Jordan and Cassie and my parents and Kristine that I was able to leave. Sitting on my bed in Ashby and agreeing to jump on a plane to Las Vegas, and then to Miami, and then even further to Europe seemed like a no brainer. People told me it was brave of me to do so, but in fact it is not my own bravery that makes this trip easy for me, it's the faith that the people in my life have in me which allows to me believe in myself. I am able to leave and not look back because I know that at home my parents and little brother are excited for me to be able to dance everyday. And I was able to jump into this contract not knowing anyone because I know that Cassie still tells everyone she knows about me. I made friends on the first day because my friends at home are jumping up and down for me and my first professional job. I can look at the mountains surrounding this desert and relish in where I am and the difference in this side of the US because Jordan is in Ashby driving through the potholes that I miss everyday.
This is easy for me because of them, and I am reminded of it everyday when I look in the mirror at the studio. I dance for me, and I dance for them.

4 comments:

  1. Dance is a world that few get to experience, but those of us that do, find a joy that surpasses all reality." Way to go Meggie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tell everyone about you and your adventure! We're kinda proud of you.

    I like this blog...Gives us a chance to share your adventure with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Ryan and I are learning ballroom dancing, and let me tell you just learning those few steps (and struggling through them because we have NO rhythm... it's pathetic!) makes me even more in awe of all that you are doing in Vegas... you are awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have turned back the clock. I am reminded of my short term theatrical career with its excitement and heart pounding anticipation as you are about to perform and ending with a euphoria of personal indescribable satisfaction. The vivid descriptions of your daily activities make me jealous and I am 25 years young again. But more so, obvious to all is your love of dance, your mature awareness, your desire to achieve,and your talent that allows us to live your "adventure."
    Thank you so very much.
    Love,
    Grandpa MARTY

    ReplyDelete