Today was our day off, being Easter and all, so after sleeping in a little we gathered ourselves and proceeded to make the ten minute drive to the Vegas strip for some shopping and an early dinner. I only purchased one item and kept the bill well under 30$, after playing a slot machine for the first and probably the last in my life. Needless to say, gambling just isn't in the cards for me. Out of the five of us that played the slots one at a time ,just so we could say we had done it, I lost the dollar that was lent to me for the game in the shortest amount of time. I think for today, I'm safe from the temptation of the casinos. We then walked down the strip for about a mile to have lunch at an italian restaurant across from the Wynn, in the fashion show area. After eating our early dinner and toasting to a Happy Easter we proceeded back to the parking garage, which was the longest mile I think I have walked in a long time. Being the second day since we began rehearsals my legs had finally begun to feel the pain of what I was making them do, and so by the time we headed back down the strip again my stems were screaming as I waddled all the way down the Vegas strip. Even as I sit down to type out this post I can just barely feel them relax a bit. So much for a day off to rest!
Thoughts on the infamous strip? It was pretty large and flooded with tourists, which I fully expected, but what I didn't expect was the how non-chelantly the poker tables and slot machines and other gambling venues were just everywhere. I knew that Vegas is all about gambling, but I expected it to be a little more glamourous, or epic, not the guy you just came out of the parking garage with whose wearing a fanny pack sitting at the black jack table. Maybe the scene changes at night to become what I have assumed Vegas is from the movies and TV shows I've seen, but I'll have to wait for another day off to figure that out.
Tomorrow we will finish our first show 'Liverpool Knights', and start on the more technical show 'Dancing Around the World'. There are 7 dance numbers in the first show, and we've been told it's more of a singing show then the second. I can only guess that this means more pain, brainpower, and skill are in my immediate future...oye.
p.s. if you'd like to see just what things look like on my end of things check out my flickr...
you guys should re-create the scene by the fountain from oceans eleven. or rob a casino! yeahhhhhh
ReplyDelete