Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Beginning of the Never-Ending-Travel Day
It is 3:54 in Las Vegas and I have officially packed my life into the two suitcases and one carry on that I arrived with. After weighing both bags with Kyle's handy dandy scale (nothing about it is handy, because you have to pick up the bags by the scale in order to weigh them...oye), my bags have both clocked in at a good 48 lbs. According to Kyle, the scale can be 2 lbs off so I think I will be safely within the 50 lb limit. My carry on has 4 pairs of shoes, a few scarves and a pair of jeans packed into the bottom, all in order to preserve the weight of my two checked bags. I have showered, gotten myself together for travel, and now have 9 or so hours to kill before the shuttle picks us up from the hotel for our flight. We leave Vegas at 10:30, and arrive just before 7am east coast time with a 4 hour layover before our second flight. I am going to try to defy the previous behavior of my body and force myself to sleep on the first flight, for if I do not, the following posts of my travel day will progressively get nastier and nastier. I am fully prepared to experience that wonderful state of exhaustion that comes around every so often, and allows your mind to completely loose control of your emotional function by exuding a sort of laughing and crying effect simultaneously. Due to the short amount of time that we have to install the shows of this cast while dry docked, we will start rehearsal runs upon arriving in Freeport. This, I can't wait to see. After almost 11 hours of travel, jet lag, and minimal sleep, they want to see a 'few' runs. Picture 13 drunk dancers with no control of their body parts. It should definitely make for a few good laughs. I will be taking pictures, and posting more as this endless travel continues. And were off...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your gpnna make it kid. Just keep dancing, just keep dancing......
ReplyDeletesorry need my glasses....
ReplyDeleteTravel safe, Meg. Done the long flights thing, but never had to dance immediately afterwards! Unless jockeying at bagage claim counts?....Didn't think so!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing more about the boat!
3mnweabsdkjebsdzvncksa;S.qw,ajszb i miss you. text me when you land, if you can.
ReplyDelete