Today we officially finished the first show, and started the intro to the second. We have 3 shows to learn, with two mini shows and a 'bumper'. There is a lot of information and choreography to still be learned. I am enjoying the rehearsals everyday, and the fact that I am dancing hard more then I have since college, but it is still taking time to get used to. This way of life is very different from what I am used to.
Currently the living in a hotel room is getting old fast. We only have one vehicle, and technically one of our female singers- Natalie, is the only one that can drive us around anywhere. We make group trips to restaurants, otherwise you get dropped off on our way back form rehearsals and have to walk back to the hotel.
We also had weigh-ins today, which involved all of us individually getting on a scale and having our current weight written down and recorded. Apparently our boss man Mike has the ability to tell us how much weight we need to loose and so forth. Luckily he hasn't been present recently so we haven't had to go through that ordeal just yet. Mostly it is for the purpose of maintaining costume alterations, which I understand, but some of the girls are getting nuts about it.
On a happier note, it is getting nicer here. The past couple of days have been super windy, and finally the sun is starting to show its face a little more. Friday, I'm told is supposed to be in the 80's, and starting tomorrow we end rehearsals at 4. A second cast will be using the studio as well, and we will share rehearsal time with them, so we will rehearse 9-4, and they will take 4-9.
I wish I could take more pictures and videos of rehearsals, because a lot of it is really fun and I would love to be able to share it, but they are all so busy that a water break is my first priority when we get a second off. I'll try to snag some film here and there, but for now keep up with me as things get more hectic.
From Las Vegas, missing Massachusetts.

I guess it may be time for more Jerky???
ReplyDelete