Sunday, April 11, 2010

Same old Saturday Night

Last Night we went to see Divas, a drag impersonation show at the Imperial Palace. One of our cast members, Merrick has a friend who dances in the show so he got us in for free. The show was very entertaining, and some of the impressions were spot on. Afterwards we went to Planet Hollywood to see Marc, Merrick's husband, play at the sports bar with a band. There we met up with some other cast members and spent a few hours listening to Marc play. After having my first taste of the night life on the strip I have to say that I'm not that impressed. Yes, there is a lot to do, and yes there are a lot of people dressed to the nines looking to have a good time, but I didn't see or experience anything that blew me away more then college life or the brown family throw downs. It's a good thing I still have the Mediterranean to look forward to, because Vegas is starting to get old.

4 comments:

  1. Love those Brown Family throw downs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Get's old after a couple of days and I go with guys I like and work with! You can find ways to have fun, but it is a place of excess and very expensive. Like any place, you have to find things that suit you and the people you are with.

    You have lots of other great cities to see and experience. Enjoy them all. Find what you like of each.

    When you have roots like you do in New England, any place else can get old. But knowing that you have those roots allows you to take the most out of your visits to other places. Have fun, Meg!

    We want to hear about them all!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your dad totally. You'll have a blast but nowhere will feel quite like home because the people you call home are back here. Unless of course you meet some sexy Mediterranean fellow. That could be a game changer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you hang out with me even vegas cant compare

    ReplyDelete