I am very grateful to have earned this spot, because I missed partnering so much, and as exciting as this was for me to be able to do this part all by myself, I was also asked today by Mike (our boss man) if I would like to assist Diego in teaching the ballroom dance classes that will be offered to our passengers each cruise. It is a very slight pay increase, and it is only an hour class every cruise, but I will also get to participate in a dancing with the stars type event called Everybody Dance. During our ballroom classes, Diego and I will choose a few passengers to dance with us during a specific themed party and we will perform with them for the other guests.
I called Grandpa Marty after rehearsal today to let him know that all those years of tossing me around the dance floor have finally come to good use, altho I would bet all of my earnings against any passenger that thinks they have more skill then Marty.
Today marks our official first week of rehearsals. We have almost 2 complete shows done, with 4 new dancers and 2 new singers, setting a record for the most dances learned by a cast in 1 week.
My feet are getting used to the torture and pain of character shoes all the time, after developing three spots that need constant bandaging to either protect or prevent blisters. We do full show run-throughs at least once a day, testing every drop of endurance each of us has, and no marathon training could have prepared me for such a stamina test. My stomach is getting used to eating out every night for dinner, and I am falling into something of a pattern during the days here.
As much as I may be getting into the flow of this months adventure, It has still only been a little over a week. On the way home our choreographer Nikki was talking about the show she is dancing in, in Arizona. Apparently she has seen some of the most beautiful red and pink sunsets there, and as she's telling everyone this I can't help but remember the sunsets in Ashby during the summertime. It's just a small town in Massachusetts, but I think Ashby's sunsets beat the desert's any day.

for serious ashby sunsets are real real good. i bet gramps loved hearing from you im so proud of all this your moving up and it hasnt even been a full two weeks. l wish i could see all the dancing. cant wait to see your beat up baryshnikov feet. and also cant wait to cook you things and make you plump
ReplyDeleteTotally agree. Even the two turkeys this morning in the lower field would say so. Grampa was beaming with pride.....
ReplyDeleteMig,
ReplyDeleteTry the bars way up off the strip where the "real people" go!
Johnny Rotten
Congrats on the extra job! I'm sure it'll pay off in good times throughout the trip. I imagine those people on the cruise will be very excited to be taught by professionals.
ReplyDelete