Tuesday, April 20, 2010

8 Days and counting

Yesterday we finished the new numbers from Nine; 'Cinema Italiano', and 'Be Italian'. The first is an all male dance, with Armani type suits and sunglasses to make our dancers look like models on the catwalk. Our boys do an amazing job in this one, and everyone melts a little when they break it down with the singer...and they don't even have to suits on yet. 'Be Italian' is all ladies. We are gypsies with tambourines and apparently nothing to loose. It's quick and technical, yet sultry and sloppy. So far this has been the most trying number I have learned. The speed picks up half way through for a very fast paced circle that involves tambourine coordination, and then it breaks into a very powerful ending with lots and lots of kicks and turns. I left rehearsal still shaking from the amount of adrenaline that pumped through all of my limbs. After taking a bath with epson salts and laying down for a lot of the evening, I woke up this morning with an overall feeling of fatigue. I will know the extent of the damage once I start to move around, but I anticipate more pain tomorrow.
We are in our final stretch, with 2 more numbers to learn today. Then we clean, clean, clean, and run everything as much as we can before we get on the ship. I have been told that there is a possibility that we will rehearse through Sunday, and be given Tuesday and Wednesday off before flying to Miami Wednesday night. As productive as this schedule may seem, a full 8 days of rehearsal is a lot to ask with all the the choreography and running that is rolling around in our noggins.
It's a Tuesday morning in Las Vegas, the temperature is going to reach 84, and today I miss Ashby coffee. The best coffee in the world.

5 comments:

  1. Its the water that makes the coffee so good. Just a note to tell you that Grampa and I are about to partake in the traditional Cape Cod cocktail time. We are toasting Meggie and how proud we are of you!! Lechiam Shalom and Salute!!!

    P.S. Port Cargo has some "to die" dresses in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the water that make the coffee soooo good. Just a quick note to tell you that we are so proud of our Meggie. We are toasting you now at the traditional Cape Cod cocktail hour. So lechaim, shalom and salute.

    P.S. There were some "to die for" dresses in the window of Port Cargo.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. computer was screwy sorry for the duplicate

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm ashby water. "tambourines and apparently nothing to lose" hahaaaa ya funny. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sultry & sloppy dancing...sounds like they've taken a chapter from the Susie dance files. Should you need a refresher course, please see video of any family wingdings from the past 10-plus yrs. As you know, its all in that pelvis action! Be safe and let me know if you need any more tips...I'm there for ya, baby!

    ReplyDelete