Today is much better than yesterday. I woke up drenched in sweat at 7 so that I could shower and be ready for breakfast by 8. We went to breakfast and then headed to the pursar’s office to get our ID cards. These cards are the way we pay for things on the ship; drinks, coffee, things from the gift shop, internet. They are also how we get on and off the ship. Unfortunately for us the office wasn’t open when we arrived, so we went up to the dressing room to try on some more costumes. We sized the rest of the ‘Dance Around the World’ costumes and got an overhead announcement that we will be assigned guest cabins while the air conditioning if off. With that news we headed to Guest Relations to get a cabin. After eating some lunch, we headed to our guest cabins for an air conditioned nap. Kate and I woke up around 3, in time to change and stretch before running all the shows.
First ‘Dance Around the World’, then ‘Liverpool Knights’, small dinner break, and then ‘A Touch of Broadway’. With some staging notes and a few blocking adjustments, we ran the Bumper one more time and then headed to our cabins. With the air conditioning back on in all the rooms, we went back to our cabins, showered, and threw some better looking clothes on to meet in the crew bar. There we met up with Mike and some others for a few drinks. 12pm rolled around a lot faster then we thought, and so we headed bacl to our rooms for some early sleep.
Today made me feel better about it all. The living situations are going to take some getting used to, but each day gets a little better. To be able to see Europe, and dance while getting paid is more then worth it. I feel better today. Much better. 6 months here I come.

No comments:
Post a Comment