The sun is shining today, and from my seat I can see the Almafi coast as it turns the corner towards Naples. My pizza has mushrooms and basil on top of mozzarella and tomatoes, and the juiciness oozes out every time I cut into it to take a bite. I just ended a video chat with my parents and my little brother, it didn't last long because of a bad connection but it was nice to talk to them at all. A breeze has started to pick up, thankfully as the late-afternoon sun starts to get hotter. There is an Italian radio station playing at the restaurant, and the music volleys from American pop to Italian jams. At this very moment I miss America.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Salerno Pizzeria, Spunzillo
It is 1:22 in the afternoon in Salerno, Italy. Currently I am sitting at a cafe called Spunzillo, with free wifi eating really good pizza. So far today I have had a boat drill (which involves every crew member putting on their lifejackets and waiting at their life raft stations to be quizzed on the safety rules and regulations by the deck officers at 10am), an appointment at the salon for a trip to the steam room and tropical shower, and now I am off the ship. After my late lunch and internet practices, I plan on taking an Ab class at the gym, before showering and getting dressed for some dinner and possibly drinks in guest area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So beautiful, but still not home........ I get it.
ReplyDelete