Yesterday I set foot in Italy. We were in Civitavecchia, which is a bout a 75 min ride to Rome. I spent the day in a small internet café right off the pier trying to figure out new modes of communication between here and my homeland. I had a latte and a salami sandwich for an early lunch while I listened to Italian café music. Though I wish I had gone and explored Rome, we will visit the port at least 6 more times so I will have the opportunity when we don’t have a show and a tech run that evening. Today we stopped in Messina, Sicily, but due to teaching a dance class this morning and more tech runs this afternoon, I was unable to get off and visit the nice Italian people. Natalie’s show ran tonight twice, and then we had ‘Groove’ in the Crystal room at 10:30. After both we learned a new section of ‘Dance Around the World’ to replace the adagio couple that left the ship for a cruise to get a visa.
I had a dream last night that my mom and sister were on board, and it was wonderful. I feel like my life here isn’t real life, and that the world I left behind has just stopped temporarily until I get back. In my dream both worlds were joined and I was around the people that make me so thankful for the life that I was blessed with. So, today I miss my family.

your family misses you. like whoa. 4 minutes later and the time on that post would have been down right creepy. especially because the post pertained to family. i think there must be something about our family we dont know; like the prossimo women are all witches or something. because the 4 44 is haunting me to a ridiculous degree since you've been gone.
ReplyDeleteSalute mi amore
ReplyDelete